When importing to Salesforce, you need to ensure that the user has the ability to "write to/update" the record, and not just "read" the field. If the permission is set to only allow read access to a particular field, you will get an error that may be similar to the below.
Error: Unable to create/update fields: XXXXXXXXX. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile.
One common error highlighting the leadsource field is this scenario may look like this:
SF Help Article: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=admin_fls.htm&type=5
To update these settings, please follow the below instructions in Salesforce. This includes a video as well as text outline.
Video Overview: How to modify your field level settings
This is not something that is an error or needs updating in Seamless... this is something you or your CRM admin will need to update in Salesforce.
- Click your profile name in the top right column
- Click Settings
- Click Administration Update > Manager Users (or quick find Permission Sets in left nav)
- Select Permission Sets
- Depending on which interface you're using, do one of the following:
- Permission sets or enhanced profile user interface—In the Find Settings... box, enter the name of the object you want and select it from the list. Click Edit, then scroll to the Field Permissions section.
- Original profile user interface—In the Field-Level Security section, click View next to the object you want to modify, and then click Edit.
- Specify the field's access level.
- Click Save
Below also includes an additional helpful article for details on this process as well, including an outline for how to create custom profiles in SF as well.
Commonly found with terms with this error:
LeadSource, Lead Soure, Salesforce, Import Error