Seamless.AI allows users to set a contact or company to a single list and tag that contact. This can be used to tag a contact as a particular industry or other qualifying criteria when you are finding contacts. Then this list can be mapped to a CRM field and also will be displayed as a field in any CSV export.
If you need a refresher on how to set a list for a contact or a company, you can see that article below.
However, you can also setup a list and use some simple excel magic to set a contact to multiple lists/tags. Below outlines the steps to setup a list and tag a contact to multiple lists. For this example, we will show the contacts being found (and lists being set) in Sales Navigator to research that data to Seamless.AI.
- Open Sales Navigator (ensure you have the Chrome extension installed to use social search in Linkedin/Sales Nav)
- Add your search criteria into Sales Navigator (industry, location, size, etc...) to find contacts in Sales Navigator
- Click SEARCH to return those results in Sales Navigator
- For this example, we will look to set INDUSTRY and EMPLOYEE SIZE as our 2 lists
- Once the results are returned, set your list to include the industry name and employee sizes that you are searching, separate by a comma (example - computer software, 11 - 50)
- You can even set more than 2 lists as well, each separate by a comma
- Click FIND or FIND ALL on contacts in this list that fit this combined criteria
- Once you have found all contacts, change your filters in sales nav, and change your list name in Seamless.AI to match
- Then repeat the above steps
- This will assign a "combined" list name in Seamless.AI to each contact that matches multiple criteria.
- Then navigate to Seamless.AI and click into My Contacts
- This will show the lists with all the combined fields in the list column
- You can then select the download the contacts, either ALL contacts, SELECTED contacts (by clicking the boxes on the left of the contact record) or FILTERED contacts (by filtering the contacts using any of the filter icons in the field headers)
- You can also filter by a specific filter and return those results in your My Contacts - How do I filter My Contacts and My Companies?
- Once you export/download, Seamless.AI will then provide you a CSV file with all key contact information. You can export a RAW or CLEAN file as well - What is the difference between RAW and CLEAN in My contacts download file?
- After you export, here is where the excel magic comes into play
- Open the CSV in excel, and find the LIST column
- Add one or more columns to the right of the LIST column (depending on how many commas you have set for separating differ lists)
- Example - 1 comma = add 1 extra column, 2 commas = add 2 extra columns
- Once you add those columns, then you highlight the LIST column and then select Data > Text to Columns
- Select Delimited
- Ensure you have selected Tab and Comma as delimeters
- Click Finish
- This will then split the industry and employee size where that comma split, and you will now have 2 separate columns of data to them map industry and employee size
- Then simply edit the header column in the CSV and you can map those to your CRM to map those newly split fields to the appropriate fields in your CRM
You can also do the same approach for finding companies as well. Simply follow the same steps, and use the list for company fields instead.